The Big 3 Oh!

Honestly I wasn't that stressed about it. Turning 30. It's certainly a milestone and all, but you couldn't drag me back to 21 or even 24 for that matter. The 20's were fun (sometimes), but stressful. The 30's, I predict, are going to be awesome. I was a little worried that it would be a lonely birthday, but it has already proven to be quite the opposite, and technically my birthday isn't even until tomorrow. Last night the weekly get together was also a birthday celebration for me and our friend J. I received a beautiful hydrangea and a Southern girl starter kit.




My sister shipped me one of my favorite gifts to receive, socks.



I've been wanting a swing for years and my husband and brother in law built me the most beautiful swing I've ever seen, perfectly situated overlooking the garden.



After opening my presents on it, the boys went inside to cook dinner and I promptly swung myself to sleep.

Mike got me a giant pile of poop and a garden dagger!



(That's it in the bottom right hand corner. Looks like there is a wiener dog attempting to eat my poop pile).

We had a delicious dinner of eggplant and fresh sauce. I talked to a few friends and caught a glimpse of the starry sky.



I want for nothing. And I intend to hold that thought close as I enter this new decade by appreciating what's in front of my face and loving every moment. There's a lot to love.

Comments

  1. I hope my twenties are as thankful as your early thirties!!! But that's definitely a good way to start a new decade. But mind the wiener dog doesn't start rolling in the poop!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment