Squash Pancakes

It's the time of year when we are silly with squash. Here is a recipe I came up with for squash pancakes. I'm hoping to freeze a bunch of these puppies for winter.



4 cups of pre oven roasted squash. I cut mine into slices. The name of the game is sweating some water out. I cooked it in the oven on 350 for an hour or two. I hope you have central air conditioning.

Almost a 1/2 cup of ground up almonds or almond meal. I didn't have any official almond meal so I threw a bunch of whole almonds into my vita mix.

A sprig of rosemary. Shuck it from the stem! You could probably use dried too. Whatever.

1/4 cupish of fresh parsley

1/2 tsp of garlic powder

1/2 cup of cornmeal

1 tablespoon ground flax

1 tablespoon of psyllium husk powder (for binding)

1/2 tsp salt

A few grinds of black pepper

2 pinches of pecorino romano or some other good cheese

2 eggs 

2 tablespoons of coconut or olive oil

Sautéed onion would probably be a great addition, but  I was feeling lazy and skipped it.


Blend it all up in your Cuisinart, blender or whatever you have. You could hand mash it if you feel like being intense.


Slowly fry them in a non stick pan on the lowest setting possible. Be patient!  Let them brown on both sides.


Then, have your way with them. You can eat them plain, make them into pizzas or top them with applesauce or sour cream if you're feeling Jewish.




Comments

Post a Comment