Just Another Manic Tuesday

I should be getting my act together, but I'm starting to feel like that's hopeless. And it's only 9:30 in the morning.

This morning I turned off my alarm thinking I'd get out of bed in a few. I didn't. I woke up with just enough time to get to school if I rolled out of bed and walked out the door. Sorry, but that's not possible. I made some coffee and two smoothies, got my stuff together and left. I texted my professor that I'd be a few minutes late. Way to make an impression on my second week of graduate assistantship. Despite making myself two smoothies, I left one sitting in the living room. Great. It was nice knowing you lunch smoothie.

Before long Joseph called to tell me that our dog Ichabod (geriatric wiener dog) was having severe back troubles. He couldn't find the pain medicine and I obviously wasn't home to take him to the vet. Luckily Mike had extra pain meds and I called the vet on my way to school. None the less, I hate leaving him when he's not well.

I got to school and checked my email. Turns out I completely missed a test for week one of my nursing theory class. I had painstakingly posted 6 times on the discussion board that was worth just 12 points but completely omitted the 18 point test. Awesome. I emailed the professor but I'm 99% sure she's going to tell me it's too late because she's a no-nonsense type of lady.

Feeling completely disorganized and overwhelmed I decided to get organized. So I sat down with my planner and my ink pen exploded all over my fingers. The dark blue ink isn't budging.

I'd like to go back to bed now. Or better yet, back to the womb. Unfortunately I have to make it through work/school, go to human resources on the other side of town and then drive an hour out of the way to go to the vet before I head home on a grumbly stomach because I didn't bring enough food.

I'm perfectly aware that it could all be a lot worse. All my problems are relatively good ones to have. That said, fuck this day. Or better yet, please get better.

Now that I've vented I can get back to trying to fix this mess.

Comments

  1. I mean...You could get hit by a bus in a few minutes...but as far as bad days go...this one does seem prettttttttty shitty. When I'm having a bad day I sometimes try to buy myself a sweet or go shopping. But then I just feel worse for spending money...so maybe that's not a good suggestion. But playing extremely loud music in my car does work very well 87% of the time. Musical suggestions:
    "A Little Party Never Killed Nobody"-Fergie, Q-Tip (Can you believe someone opted to be called Q-Tip? This is an excellent jam out in the car with the base pumping song)
    "Love Love Love"-Avalanche City (The music video has penguins, just sayin. This is a chipper but somewhat depressy song. Oddly uplifting)
    "What I Got"-Sublime (Excellent sing-along song)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment