Day Ten-Straight Up Nelson

I woke at 730 to an overcast day and decided to check out the infamous Nelson coffee scene while planning my day. My hope was to find some running tracks and do a little downtown tourism. 

The day went to plan. I found another sheep hike adventure and which led to the center of New Zealand. On my way back to civilization I stopped an an organic grocer for a smoothie and Queen's gardens. I then visited historic South Street, arguably the oldest street in New Zealand.


Sweet little cottages on South Street

Gingerbread house for sale!


Later in the afternoon I had some time to kill prior to my first New Zealand yoga class. I found a bike/coffee shop around the corner from the yoga studio. It was more of a fancy bike shop than a coffee shop but the sign outside advertised coffee and there was a pretty espresso machine sitting in the center of the counter. 

The man working in the shop had a handlebar mustache and I presumed him to be the owner. He was familiar with my favorite drink, the cortado, so that’s what I ordered. He also had a big candy jar full of gluten free-vegan-Mexican spiced-chocolate cookies so I took one of those too. 


This is where they keep the world's best coffee

I went around the corner to find a ledge to sit on and drank the best coffee of my life. It was such a good cup of coffee that half way through I walked back to the shop to tell the man it was the best coffee I had ever had and ask about the beans. They were roasted in town by an outfit called Sublime. These beans had no acid what so ever.

Soon after my coffee and cookie I attended my first Kiwi yoga class. The teacher was a quirky guy named Rob who gave me lots of great adjustments and tips. It was nice to have my practice examined by a fresh set of eyes. 

I made dinner back at the hostel and packed up my room. Tomorrow I would fly to Queenstown. 



Comments

Post a Comment