Almost Forgot about my weekly commitment!

This week the kitten's name is Ernie.

In the spirit of keeping fitness fun and fresh, I'm trying to do a "streak". In the running world, a streak is when you run at least one mile every calendar day of the year. Here is an interesting article if you want to read more about streaking, and here is a link to the streaker's site. I hope to make it on the list next August. I am on day 13 of my running streak. My daily goal is 3 miles. So far, so good, and my pup Bill Scrapps seems to be benefiting as well.

Last week I watched my first two Monty Python Movies. I started with Life of Brian and finished with the Holy Grail. I thought I'd like the Holy Grail more because I'm interested in the Medieval period, but I thought Life of Brian was funnier. That said, they were both pretty great.

The most amazing discovery of the week was finding out that Florence Nightingale had a pet owl AND saw patients with the owl in her pocket. She had me won over with her conviction that fresh air was an integral part of healing, but when I found out she had a pet owl I was blown away. I don't think seeing patients with an owl would fly these days and that makes me sad. I've often thought that my dog Anna would be a good nurses' aide. I guess I'll have to time travel back a hundred or so years to bring animals and fresh air back to the nursing world.







Comments