The Weather has been Really Nice in Middle Tennessee




The "patient of the week"award goes to a woman I met on one of my nurse practitioner clinical days. She made an appointment to have her big toenails removed because she found them bothersome. She had them removed in the past and was looking to rid herself of them again. For the first time since nursing school, I got a little queasy. The patient however, was quite pleased.

In other nurse practitioner student news, the results of a pap smear I performed came back as abnormal. This is bad news for the patient, but great news for my pap smear skills.

I planted Kale and sunflowers for fall. Tomatoes are still going strong.

The kitten is now Baby Ernie thanks to a reader suggestion. Tonight Joseph tried to change his name to cricket because of the noises he makes, but I fought against it.

The streak running is going strong. I think today was day 27.

I highly recommend the tv series "Fargo". It's really well done and the actors are top notch.

I watched a weird film called "Miss Julie" last night. It's incredibly long and there are only three characters. For the first third of the movie I was just planning on watching it until I fell asleep. I even thought to myself that once I fell asleep I would likely never continue the film. But then, I fell in love with it. The writing and the story became riveting. I couldn't turn it off and watched the whole thing. Now, I want to read the play the movie was based on. "Miss Julie" the play was written in 1888 by August Strindberg, a Swede. I'm excited to read it. If you are a Colin Farrell fan you might enjoy the movie which was released in 2014. That said, the movie has pretty terrible reviews and is certainly no crowd pleaser. But I loved it. 

Comments