Movie Directors

It was the day after christmas and three friends were discussing movie directors. In fact, three specific movie directors were being compared: Paul Thomas Anderson (PTA), Wes Anderson and Danny Boyle. All three men started making films in the mid 1990's and all three have made 12 to 16 movies. I've seen snatches of movies from all three. Royal Tenenbaums (Wes Anderson) and Magnolia (PTA) are two of my favorites. It was hard in the group of friends to decide who was the "best" director. So, I decided to watch all three director's film libraries and review them. I'm working in chronological order and starting with Paul Thomas Anderson's "Hard Eight". I'll then move through Paul Thomas Anderson before starting on Wes Anderson. I get bonus points if I make it through Danny Boyle.

Stay tuned.


Here are some pictures of the three friends in Prospect Park around the time of the conversation.




Comments