This and That

The summer solstice coincided with a full moon. It was so bright it was almost like daylight.





The barn light across the street appeared like fire under my maple tree


After taking a million pictures of the moon I went and hung out with my neighbor and we ate carrots. 

On the daytime side of life, things are growing well. I thought the birds had ate all my sunflower seeds, but many survived. For some reason they all bloomed facing east. Every single one. 
Bill Scrapps auditing the tomatoes. 99% of these were grown from seed (by me personally)!


A rogue sunflower in the blackberries


The yield from last year's asparagus trench














The front bed of herbs and lettuces..





and edible Borage flowers









have produced lots of these



I finished my summer statistics class and signed my graduate assistantship contract for the fall. In two years, if all goes as planned, I'll have a Masters degree in nursing from this place.




Yes Nina, I will begin my graduate education with pole dancing

Western Kentucky University

So, school has officially started although I have the rest of the summer off. 

Next week Joseph and I head back to California, first to San Diego, then to San Francisco for my friend's wedding. 

And later in the month I'll be heading to Austin to visit another sweet friend.

As for tonight, it's raining buckets and I've got plans to integrate my adolescent chickens into the adult brood. The plan is to stick the youngsters on the perch while everyone is sleeping so they wake up thinking they've been living together their whole lives. Apparently it works, but we'll see.

P.S. Joseph, please fix the formatting on this thing. I've had it with blogger for tonight!!









Comments

Post a Comment