Day Four: Holy Shit

So I was wrong. This teacher training is intense. I'm writing this with the first moment I've had to myself and I should be sleeping. Actually that's not entirely true. I had an hour off this afternoon and I pretty much ran into the ocean and stayed there til the last possible minute. My body felt amazing from the salt water after sitting on the floor all day. I actually have a slight fear of being in water, so I was a little shocked to find that it has come my priority here and that I fully enjoy it. I love laying on my back and floating like a dead body with my ears underwater. That it some good meditating. Here are the highlights of the day:

My back is the best it's been and I've been sitting on the floor for almost 8 hours and got through two yoga classes. Great news!!!

The bad news is amount of sitting. On the floor. Apparently it's part of the discipline and experience but if you know me, I don't sit for that long. My ass is killing me right now and I'm laying in bed.

In other good news my karma yoga assignment is the air conditioned, no sitting involved boutique. Only 3 people were selected for the assignment. About ten went to kitchen duty so I feel pretty lucky. Seattle girl got a quirky assignment. She gets to take the power boat to Nassau every day. Yea for boat rides! The bad news is that she is taking our trash to the mainland. So I guess her assignment is trash boat. Still pretty cool in my book.

My roommate showed up last night. She is of course German because when I travel Germans and I are like two pieces of magnet. She's actually pretty neat and she's a real person with a real job which I like. We were starving mid day because there are only two meals and she gave me half of her german fruit bar. It was tasty. I don't have a burning desire to learn German but their words are pretty funny.


Good Night.

Comments

  1. Did she say if trash boat smelled? Is that a given?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are smelly parts but I think it's fairly contained on the boat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment