When Your Husband Moves Into Your House

For maybe the first time since I've started this blog I missed posting at least once per month last month. Maybe that's because January and February were a little hectic. Here's why.

After nearly two years of existing in a long distance marriage the long distance part came to an abrupt end. Joseph told me he was leaving his job on a Friday and arrived home with a Budget rental truck the following Tuesday. His work environment had been getting a little hairy and we knew the end was near but the speed at which it came to a halt was a little jarring for me and for him. For the majority of two years I had been spending at least half of my time mostly alone with a harem of animals for companions in a remote country home. Though my sister and brother in law live upstairs we exist more as roommates than as companions. I had become a bit set in my semi spinster ways.

The first shock was the sheer amount of stuff. We live in a smallish cluttery house to begin with. To add an entire apartment of furniture, bedding, cookware, and toiletries was a task. For about a week we could barely navigate through the front door to the bedroom and front room. This sucked and added to the stress of re co-habitating. About a week in I had a mini mental meltdown. I just couldn't deal with the mess. I was a contributor to the mess as my standard of cleanliness is somewhat clean and organized but certainly not perfect or spartan. In any event, not being able to easily walk through my own house broke me down.

The breakdown was not strategic but it energized the speed at which Joseph worked to reorganize our home. We prioritized the furniture we needed to keep, and got rid of the stuff that was not important. Thanks to the "free" section of Craigslist getting rid of clunky furniture such as a futon was painless. A friendly country boy arrived within an hour to make his grannie's dream of owning a futon come true. We rearranged. We threw stuff out, we relocated stuff, we threw more stuff out. I made endless trips to the Goodwill. Joseph worked tirelessly while I was away at work for 14 hours at a time. And finally about a month later the house was habitable, functional, and actually looked better than ever.

At almost the same pace, Joseph and I reorganized our relationship, purged any bad feelings and re-synched to each other. This required work, as all healthy marriages demand. But, in the end, like our house, our relationship feels cleaner than ever. I found that though we both endured the long distance marriage, we really had grown apart emotionally in ways that we did not fully come to terms with until the long distance part ended. An abrupt re-coupling forced us to face this fact and give our marriage a good spring cleaning. As a result we are heading into our twelfth year as a couple and ninth year of marriage with vigor. I can't quite explain why, but the duration and health of my marriage is something I am proud of.

Comments

  1. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world has crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure to the Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua(A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetis,Fribroid,Get Your Ex Back, You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this e-mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com or call and whatsapp him on +2348149277967 He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment